Thursday, October 4, 2012

Book Suggestions: "Caleb's Crossing" by Geraldine Brooks

Caleb's Book Suggestions Image
Caleb's Crossing is a historical novel based around the story of the first Native American to attend Harvard University. Coming on the tail of the Expecting Adam Review, I am completely disillusioned now about Harvard University, but that's neither here nor there.

The story is actually told from the point of view of Bethia, an instantly adorable character whose selfless and self-deprecating nature is as endearing as her ability to love in a deep and uncomplicated way. Bethia becomes like a sister to Caleb, and I think any reader would wish her for their own sister. Maybe that's just me...she does remind me a bit of my little sister.


We've moved! This post is located right here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment